Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Busy Bee

Wow. I haven't blogged in FOREVER! Lately my days have been spent running around like an absolute crazy person trying to get everything done. I am drowning in my to do lists. My weekends have been particularly difficult to manage because I over commit myself (typical!) and have literally every hour planned out. Since 90% of my life is in Fort Worth and I live an hour away, I also become a nomad every weekend- sleeping anywhere but home so that I can make the most of my time. Take last weekend for example- starting Friday night it was nonstop until last Sunday evening and it's a miracle I packed enough clothes for every situation since I'm a chronic under packer. If I was on facebook and if I was one of those lame status updaters, mine for last weekend would have read something like this: babysitting/errands with the kids- check, 4 volunteer hours at Double Expoure- check, tailgate- check, TCU vs. Tennessee Tech game- check, church- check, Flower Ministry (delivering flowers to homebound members from my church)- check, wedding dress shopping with Sar- check, family night- check, preparing dad's taxes- check.

On very rare occassions I amaze myself. It takes a lot to impress me and my ability to somehow manage everything that's thrown at me and make sure that all of my household duties are handled (pets/plants/landscape scheduling/cleaning, etc...) has been SO HARD but I have definitely impressed myself with my time management skills and that's not something that happens often! It's only Wednesday but I've been trying to mentally prepare for this upcoming weekend for a few days already. I don't think it will be nearly as extreme but that's what scares me. I just added 6 hours of volunteering to my upcoming to do list for the weekend and I have a feeling a few more things will get added onto my already full plate. Oh well. Such is life. Or at least such is my life these days...

No comments:

Post a Comment