Saturday, August 14, 2010

Like a Melody in my Head

I've been on mom duty this week. I have missed my two favorite kids this summer A LOT- they've been gone and I've spent almost two months at their house without them so this was a fun reunion! It's amazing how fast I can go into "Mom Mode," especially since I'm not actually a mom. I've put on make up twice this whole week (trust me- this is HUGE for me!), haven't fixed my hair once and don't even pay attention to what I'm wearing at all. I literally grab the clothes closest to me when I need to get dressed to take the kids on their play dates and/or pick them up from their activities. Luckily for me, none of us are morning people so I've been able to sleep in every day- at least until 10. Sleeping in and not worrying about bedtimes has been fabulous!

Wearing (my) big sunglasses and LOTS of singing in the car- there's never a dull car ride for us!

Bells in a carriage. Hahahahaha!!!! She sleeps in the oddest of places!

Main Event and BOTH kids won 1,000 coupons from this machine!

Chef Shany and Chef Rachel :)

Chocolate chip cookies. Yum! We made our own Sweet Sammy's creations :)

Face Masks!!! Rachel had never been to Ulta so we spent our Friday night shopping for girly products. We bought headbands too that we're going to wear to church on Sunday!

My fingers have been worked to the bone the last few days. Me and Rachel are Crafting Queens and I got her hooked on duct tape crafts! We've mastered the art of flower making in a very short period of time and decided to name our flowers Rachelle. We've spent countless hours and many rolls of duct tape this week. I think a trip to Target to raid their duct tape supply is on our agenda for tomorrow, after we have lunch in bed. That's our new favorite thing to do since the 100+ degree temperatures have made outdoor picnics impossible. We love our bednics :)

No comments:

Post a Comment