Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Journey is the Reward

I finally decided on this year's theme for the Ladies Literary League and I am happy to announce that it is JOURNEYS! I looked through a lot of book club websites for suggestions but none of them sounded nearly as intriguing as journeys. I have spent the better part of the day reseraching books and reading countless reviews to incorporate into this year's schedule and it was not an easy task. Not at all. Last year we were an unorganized bunch and short on recommendations so I took it upon myself to plan out our whole year so that we might be more effective. Our "curriculum" is tentative, pending member approvement of course, but it is a pretty solid collection of books and I am quite pleased with the selections. Now that the theme and books have been picked, I have one more project before our meeting this weekend. Since our first year was so successful I have high hopes for this year and want to encourage all of the Leaguers so it's CRAFT TIME!!!!! I love few things more than making crafts and hopefully soon I'll decide exactly what I want to make to keep us all on track for the journey we have all started together :)

PS- Don't let my excitement about my book club fool you. I STILL have not read a book since before my birthday (more than 3.5 months ago) and that includes our August selection, Eat Pray Love. I have 5 days until our meeting and really hope that I'll be able to muster up some motivation to read before then. I absolutely can not start off this new book club year without reading our first book! Pretty sure that's the #1 sin for Book Club Presidents!

No comments:

Post a Comment